When Marc, Matt, and I founded MindPoint Group over 10 years ago, we had a pretty simple goal, and more than a decade later our mission remains the same.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to become the trusted cybersecurity partner and advisor to each of our customers, while empowering our employees to excel personally and professionally.
When we started out we brought a lot of shared values to the table. Over the 10 years since then we’ve gone back to them repeatedly to re-evaluate our understanding of them, to distill them, and to document them as the core values that are central to everything we do. They are the fundamental building blocks that define the kind of culture and environment in which we want to work.
We think about these things constantly because they are the catalyst to help us stay true to our mission statement. They are critically important because at the end of the day, this is all about people- whether we’re talking about our clients, employees, or partners. Putting it simply: we want to build a company culture that we are proud of, where people want to work because they feel valued, and where we are able to build meaningful and lasting partnerships/relationships with the clients we support.
Over the years, we have continued to develop and foster amazing talent that has helped shape MindPoint Group for the better. Even though our organization continues to evolve, we have continued to stay true to our roots with MPG’s mission and core values.
Our core values and what they mean
- Trust and mutual respect: We understand that a diverse workforce is crucial for any business, including different thoughts and beliefs. We respect these differences in opinions treat one another with politeness and respect.
- Honesty: Even though this one is self-explanatory, it is one of the most important values for any company. Honesty is a two-way street at MindPoint Group. We expect our employees to be honest and transparent with our customers and with one another. In return, employees should expect transparency from leadership as well.
- Accountability: Everyone at MindPoint Group is accountable for his or her actions. This includes being accountable for your team, your customers, and your actions.
- Focus and direction: From the beginning, we’ve focused only on cybersecurity. It’s this focus and determination that we bring into every customer engagement.
- Innovation: We love to see our employees thinking outside of the box and coming up with new ways to solve the cybersecurity challenges of today. Read below to see how we invest in our employees and why we think it is an important part of innovation.
MindPoint Group is proud to support organizations working to strengthen our communities. Through the combined efforts of our enthusiastic team member volunteers and corporate contributions, we strive to give back to the communities in which we operate by supporting non-profit organizations that address community needs and issues.
One of the ways that MindPoint Group has given back to our community is through the annual sponsorship of community outreach events. All events are led by employee volunteers with full sponsorship from the company. This approach allows us to support non-profit organizations that are important to our employees. MindPoint Group has supported outreach events for non-profit organizations including:
- All American Day Charitable Trust
- AVON 39 Walk for Breast Cancer
- George Mason University’s Field Work with Syrian Refugees
- Race for Hope DC’s Fight Against Brain Tumors
- Ramsay Roadrunner Holiday Reading Program
- Ronald McDonald House of Washington DC
- The Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement Program
To date, MindPoint Group has contributed thousands of dollars and substantial volunteer hours to community outreach. We’re dedicated to recognizing the amazing contributions our employees are making in the community and continue to encourage employees to giveback
Culture and Diversity
As a minority and woman-led business, we have worked hard to ensure that MindPoint Group is a place that brings together smart, talented information security professionals from diverse backgrounds. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and we aim to create a happy and safe environment where they feel empowered to do just that!
At MindPoint Group, we strongly believe in empowering our employees by encouraging their continued development, growth, and education. Our professional development program allows our employees to gain a broad perspective on today’s security challenges and early insights into tomorrow’s threats, and it enables them to engineer innovative security solutions to meet these trials.
We foster professional growth by investing in our employees and offering access to the following benefits:
- MPG Cybersecurity Research and Development Lab
- MPG Online University
- Training Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
We’re incredibly proud of MPG has been and where we are headed. If you would like to join our team, check out our job openings!