Digital transformation has changed how IT organizations support the business. By modernizing how applications are built, delivered, and supported, IT teams have embraced DevOps methodologies across the board. But what about your cybersecurity approach? If you’re like many of the organizations we work with, there are many improvements that can be made to both your policies, process, and tools to move your cybersecurity practice from barrier to enabler.
Moving from DevOps to DevSecOps requires more than just tooling. It requires a new way of thinking about cybersecurity policy, automation, and how your IT operations and development teams interface with more traditional cybersecurity practices such as policy implementation and incident response. In order for the business to keep moving fast securely, your cybersecurity operations need to be integrated into all aspects of your DevOps process. Merely adding in a tool or two will not accomplish this.
Traditional approaches to cybersecurity methodology, policy, and tooling are often out of step with the reality of today’s fast-paced IT environments. But understanding what can be changed, and how to change it requires experience and know-how from teams that have done it before.
It’s common for organizations to carry a significant IT security backlog. Backlog equals risk, and you need to address it, but tackling everything at once isn’t realistic. In the face of rapidly accelerated change, prioritizing security objectives based on regulatory compliance and technical feasibility is both a skill and a necessity.
Improving the cybersecurity operations within an organization is hard—we know that. So rather than pushing you into a prescribed approach upsetting many facets of the business in the process, we first seek to understand where you’re coming from, and are prepared to meet you where you are. Our approach is fundamentally different.
There are two factors to our intelligence. We bring forward decades of collective cybersecurity experience in organizations large and small. We have built solution after solution, each building upon our previous learnings. It’s also all about the people. Our deep emotional intelligence enables us to empathize and work with your teams to deliver the desired outcome.
Dynamic vs. Defined
Your attackers are constantly evolving their methods and tooling. Your defense needs to be dynamic in order to detect and defend against these threat vectors. Our experience builds from hundreds of engagements—ranging from a single application penetration test to building and maintaining an entire end-to-end cybersecurity operations environment.
Build for the Future, Now
You need results now. Large SI’s and technology vendors are likely to recommend large-scale implementations that will push delivery out months or even years away. That is a span of time in which you’ll likely see little to no improvement in your cybersecurity posture. MindPoint Group’s measured, iterative, and adaptive approach to cybersecurity ensures you will see quick results that will make you a hero, with the long-term capabilities that will make you a legend.
Along the way, we have several principles we adhere to. We are:
- Constantly evolving. Emerging threats are everywhere. We all need to build for the future.
- Methodical. From information, you create knowledge, which leads to decisive action.
- Sophisticated. MPG delivers the capabilities and know-how of a large systems integrator, but with unprecedented access to some of the industry’s best cybersecurity leaders.
- Largely technology agnostic. We are typically able to work with the tooling you have and will make best-of-breed recommendations to plug gaps in your posture when we find them.
Manage, Protect, and Guide
Our services help you build to the future rather than react to it. Our battle-tested methodology is based on learnings and findings from our experience. Some excerpts from what you can expect of MPG:
- Slow down to go fast. Reacting first is often not the best course of action. Building a repeatable, flexible process will enable you to accelerate your response, and bring cybersecurity practices to a wider internal audience.
- Customers often don’t know the questions to ask. Questions are key to understanding the problem. And you can’t solve for something you don’t understand.
- Pinpoint and define pain. In unison to going slow to go fast, and in order to deliver the best and fastest positive result, MPG works to determine where the business’ pain point lies, and then specifically defines that pain as part of our action plan.
- Understand the outcome. It’s not the tech stack. The outcome is a full understanding of the cybersecurity problem at hand.
- Build for change. You’ll likely be using some core part of your tooling and process for at least the next five-plus years. Security architecture needs to accept change as a feature.
Related Consulting Services
- Third-Party Vendor Assessments (On-site, desk-based, offshore, 4th party)
- Penetration testing
- Red Teaming
- Risk and Vulnerability Assessment
- Incident Response
- Cyber Hunt
- Defensive Posture Assessment
- Baseline Modernization
- PhishTACO – Phishing simulations and training
- Lockdown Enterprise – Automated baseline remediation for CIS
- Phishing & Elections: 4 Ways to Protect Your Data During Election Season - October 5, 2020
- How we Married Compliance Automation with Policy-as-Code: A GitLab Love Story - October 2, 2020
- Public Sector on Air: Cybersecurity, Compliance, & Automation with Red Hat - October 1, 2020