MindPoint Group is a GSA 8(a) STARS II industry partner. The 8(a) Streamlined Technology Application Resource for Services (STARS) II Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC). 8(a) STARS II, is a multiple-award, indefinite-delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract engineered to provide cutting-edge technology solutions to federal agencies from award-winning 8(a) small businesses. Using 8(a) STARS II will enable federal agencies to access 8(a) firms through an established contract vehicle instead of traditional, open market methods – saving time and taxpayer money.
Benefits of Procuring through the GSA 8(a) STARS II
- Contract No. GS00Q17GWD2372
- Government-Wide GWAC: 8(a) STARS is authorized by the Clinger-Cohen Act to provide information technology and IT-related services as well as hardware, software and related supplies as part of an integrated solution to any agency within the federal government.
- Simplified Acquisition: Using a GWAC like 8(a) STARS II is a faster alternative to time-consuming and costly full and open competitions.
- Small Business Utilization: 8(a) STARS offers the unique opportunity to contract with highly qualified 8(a) small, disadvantaged businesses.
- Cost-Effective Procurement Vehicle: GSA has pre-negotiated rates under the schedule providing agencies with best value pricing.
- Sole Source Task Orders: Section 8(a) of the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 637 and FAR 19.8) allows for the award task orders under the $4 Million competitive threshold on a sole-source basis.
- Ordering Period: New task orders may be issued between August 31, 2016, and August 30, 2021. Order performance may go through August 30, 2024.
Procuring Our Services through GSA 8(a) STARS II
The scope of the 8(a) STARS II GWAC is centered on functional areas (FAs), derived North American Industrial Classification Codes, Offering simple to complex IT service solutions such as information assurance, cyber-security, virtualization, IPv6, Web 2.0, and more. MindPoint Group is eligible to compete or receive task orders in the following STARS II FAs:
- Constellation I FA1: NAICS 541511 – Custom Computer Programming Services
- Constellation I FA3: NAICS 541513 – Computer Facilities Management Services
- Constellation I FA4: NAICS 541519 – Other Computer Related Services
For information regarding how to procure using the STARS II GWAC, please download and review the Ordering Guide.
To learn more and take advantage of the Cybersecurity services offered by MindPoint Group through 8(a) STARS II, please contact STARSII@mindpointgroup.com.