Diversity Leader in Cybersecurity
At MindPoint Group, the core of who we are is diversity, acceptance and a celebration of individuality and the diversity of perspective that each unique identity brings to the group. This belief has translated into a corporate culture and a company that is a:
- Promoter of Bring Your Whole Self to Work
- Advocate of Diversity of Perspective / Experience
- Early adopters of Benefits for All (gender neutral) prior to ACA
- Champion of Professional Development / Career Growth
- Activist of women in Cybersecurity and STEM education
Through the amalgamation of our efforts, MindPoint Group has become a diversity leader in Cybersecurity.
Women in Cybersecurity
According to “The 2017 Global Information Security Workforce Study,” women comprise only 11% of the global cybersecurity workforce and only 4% of leadership positions. In comparison, at MindPoint Group women comprise 25% of the company’s workforce which is 14% higher than the global average. More importantly, 40% of our leadership team is comprised of women which is astonishingly 10x more than the global average.
We are always looking for ways to support and promote programs or initiatives that provide opportunities for various diversity groups to have greater participation in our industry. Case in point, the goal of increasing female participation in technology, specifically cybersecurity, is an ongoing focus for us. We consistently support programs that work toward that objective from internal training and mentorship of female employees in more technical fields such as security engineering or penetration testing to sponsorship of STEM programs at grade schools.
Minority Representation in Cybersecurity
Today, minorities comprise 55% of our company’s workforce, which is 29% higher than the U.S. average but more importantly, at 55% of our workforce, minorities represent the majority at MindPoint Group, creating a truly diverse work environment. With regard to minority representation in leadership, at MindPoint Group, 67% of our leadership team is comprised of minorities, compared to the U.S. average of 23%.
Latest posts by Mariam Es-Haq (see all)
- 2018 YEAR IN REVIEW:Diversity Leader in Cybersecurity - December 27, 2018
- Stop By Booth 118 @ AWS re:Invent and Speak to Our Team of Cybersecurity Experts - November 24, 2016
- Stop by Booth 118 @ AWS re:Invent to Learn How We Can Secure Your Cloud - November 24, 2016